CEO and Member of the Executive Committee
AN AMERICAN FINANCIER, EXTENSIVE GLOBAL TRANSACTION EXPERIENCE:
Mr. Benjamin Wey is an accomplished American financier, a multilingual strategic adviser on Wall Street and a leading American expert on China. With approximately 20 years of project experience, in-depth knowledge of the various international cultures and extensive global contacts, Mr. Wey has led and participated in more than 200 projects worldwide.
Benjamin Wey advises several governments, Fortune Global 500 companies and other businesses on complex funding, strategic market entry and crisis management issues worldwide. Mr. Wey has a long track record of achieving successful resolutions in China related client matters. Watch a TV interview by the Wall Street Journal of Benjamin Wey discussing U.S. – China relations and his correct predictions of a $4.7 billion takeover of Smithfield Foods by a Chinese business.
Benjamin Wey supports America’s job growth by introducing international capital to invest in American communities and providing jobs to American companies and entrepreneurs. Watch a TV interview of Mr. Benjamin Wey on FOX Business News.
Mr. Benjamin Wey has two master’s degrees in the field of business administration. A graduate of Columbia Business School of Columbia University in New York City, Mr. Wey is a Visiting Professor of Finance at several top universities. Benjamin Wey is also a publisher and author of many articles and comments on global finance, China, leadership and strategies.
BENJAMIN WEY’S LEADERSHIP CREDO:
“If a man has courage and believes in the truth, he won’t bend his principles under any circumstances.”
BENJAMIN WEY’S LIFE PRINCIPLES:
1) “Important principles may, and must, be inflexible.” – Abraham Lincoln
2) “No publicity is bad publicity.” – Donald Trump
3) “Facts are stubborn things.” – Ronald Reagan
MEMBERSHIPS AND ACTIVITIES:
Mr. Benjamin Wey was awarded a “golden key” in China for his leadership in sponsoring and building schools, providing educational opportunities to orphans and underprivileged farm kids in rural areas. Mr. Benjamin Wey has also led efforts to support educational programs each year in Asia and the United States, including for several years, hosted and sponsored Yale University’s Environment and Sustainable Development Leadership Program (ESDLP).
News and Industry Views:
NEW YORK GLOBAL GROUP WARNS AGAINST CORPORATE IDENTITY THEFT
- Member – Columbia Business School Alumni Club of New York
- Member – Columbia University Club of New York
- Carnegie Mellon University, Member of the Advisory Board, U.S. – China Summit
- Trustee, Cardigan Mountain School, a leading private boarding school in New Hampshire USA
- Executive Director, Foreign Investment Committee, Investment Association of China (IAC) – a large investment membership group affiliated with China’s National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC), a Chinese government agency
- Director, China Mergers & Acquisitions Association
- Guest Professor, Zhejiang University School of Management, China
- Visiting Professor of Finance, China University of Petroleum, China
- Guest Lecturer – University of Maryland
- Research project advisor – NYGG research project with China’s central bank (2005)
- Senior advisor to several Chinese municipal governments and agencies
Facts and Research: How Illegal Short Selling Harms America’s National Security
Forbes Magazine: SEC reverses NASDAQ’s wrongful delisting of Chinese company CleanTech Innovations
Currency Vs. Productivity -Banking and Finance
TV Interview: FOX News – Benjamin Wey, China Expert
TV Interview: China Central Television – Benjamin Wey on the TUDO NASDAQ IPO
TV Interview: Wall Street Journal – Benjamin Wey discusses U.S. China relations
The Hill’s Congress Blog: Why U.S. companies should get involved in Chinese markets
A China Expert’s Views on How to Invest in U.S. Listed China Based Companies
Washington Post / Video: A Legal Expert’s Views on Investing In U.S. Listed Chinese Companies
Stanford University Research: Chinese Reverse Mergers Are Not Toxic
WALL STREET JOURNAL – China Expert Benjamin Wey – A Featured Speaker at MIT
New York Global Group CEO and China Expert Benjamin Wey Present at the Carnegie Mellon University US – China Summit